X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dope it seems like this idea stuck!
    I don't know, maybe we should start simple yet tricky and study Italic with Swashes maybe. Its a dope style, and emerges from cursive, it shares many principles with graff (uniformity of posture, width serif angle and line distance) and really bridge a gap between handstyles and lettering that usually doesn't get addressed by writers until late in the game. I think it has a lot to offer experienced writers as well as less experienced ones.

Example:
    http://typophile.com/node/61389

I leave it up to the Moderators to start this battle my suggestions are above and as I said before this one would need an extended deadline to give us time to learn and experiment with the style.

It would be dope to see us post some of the experimental sketches along with the finished product and the examples that were studied. And Italic is a nice bridge between western styles and Eastern Styles like Arabic and Sanskrit.

Whatcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by rsakens View Post
      here what hapent to the s letter battle were is the thread ?????
      Yeah that never got polled.

Comment

BTW I like the bottom page burners idea.

Comment

man, with all these fresh ideas, i might as well throw something in that's been on my head for a while...why not try to bring all the great artists from all the major websites in with an all-city type battle...there are so many talented artists on PG, conversely there are quite a few amazing artists who exclusively post on other sites, if we could only unite, at least for one battle....the results would be all of the following, inspiring, motivating, humbling, and brotherhood...isn't that why we all started twisting the alphabet anyway? i fully understand how the logistics of this concept would be quite difficult, and also impeded by the fact that competing websites would be mentioned, but damn, i would go so hard for a battle such as this...

Comment

freestyle let them cut loose and pick da word or character.

Comment

put up u'r signature tags and may the best man win

Comment

how about we bring back them old paint battles we use to have ?
                walls...own name ... pieces

any one interested some one make a thread

Comment

i had a few ideas, pretty heavy going but i reckon with a long enough time could be awesome. the best ones (in my opinion) are;

Alien/Predator theme 2 person team battle. obviously one alien influenced and one predator influenced but working together.
                  Movie theme, say it was x-men for example, that would limit the colours, encourage chars etc.
                  Classic Art theme. piece influenced by artists outside the graff world (minus Dali, Escher etc cause that shit's been done)
                  Gore theme... think old school death metal album cover.. intestines, brains, zombies, skeletons, blood, sharp edges, etc. (if done properly this one could be a fucking AWESOME battle)

i know i'm not the greatest at explaining things so i'm open to questions.

i have another one but really not sure how to word it so i'll try and get that down haha!

Comment

Have a battle of the sketches u get given a word an the best 10 sketches move to tha next round then sketch the new battle word an tha best 5 move to tha next round an so on until ya left with battle of the sketches winner

Comment

Should Have throw up battle freestyle

Comment

Originally posted by mattyf79 View Post
                        Have a battle of the sketches u get given a word an the best 10 sketches move to tha next round then sketch the new battle word an tha best 5 move to tha next round an so on until ya left with battle of the sketches winner
                        That sounds sick

Comment

we do that, from time to time, but not with so many entrees

Comment

Someone needs to make piece Number battles...

Comment

How dead are these threads...?
                              :[

Comment

unfortunatly very dead
                                the amount of goood battles has been steadily decreasing over time

Comment

Working...
                                X