Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

What up PG has just created an instagram acc, follow us at instagram.com/puregnet
We are going to be doing giveaways and contests on there. #puregnet #puregraffiti on twitter as well and puregraffiti on Flickr.
See more
See less
Cutting caps. Manipulating caps. help! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting caps. Manipulating caps. help!

I just joined this forum today. I'm still trying to learn how to flare out my letters with ny fat and rusto fat caps but it's not flaring as much as i want it too. I heard that there is a certain way you can cut the caps so that it changes it into a really fat flare. Sorry but I don't have time to go out and buy the fattest cap right now. I was wondering... How do you cut ny fat caps or rusto caps? from the bottom? do they use caligraphy caps? I've never heard of a actual "flare"cap either.

Please someone give a toy some insight.
    Thanks in Advanced.

(( SOMETHING IN THE FATNESS OF THESE KIND OF FLARES IN THE PIC BELOW))

http://www.ianlynam.com/laimg/lostmag59.jpg
    Last edited by MASTERkake3; 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM.

I also know that you can flare with any cap but I'm trying to figure out how this guy got his flare so BIG.

Comment

Can you only Flare like this with good cans? like--(belton, molotow, etc..?) or can you Flare like this this with 99 cent cans?

Because i've been using some 99cent cans.

Comment

great bump and triple post buddy. you could have put it all in your first post.
        and i dont know for suer, but arent flares achieved by pulling the can away from the surface to make the spray thinner and the area it hits larger?

Comment

this will help
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=FtqX4Q_icQI

Comment

Shit I 4 Got Wuts It Caled But Theres A Cap Tha Comes Helaaaa Fat And It Great To Use It 4 That

Comment

Never mind that link was useless. No pun intended I don't need a tutorial on making a caligraphy cap. I don't like that style of spraying. I want to make big flares like the one you see in the picture.

cri0:: great bump and triple post buddy. you could have put it all in your first post.
              and i dont know for suer, but arent flares achieved by pulling the can away from the surface to make the spray thinner and the area it hits larger?
              - well my bad, i forgot to add stuff onto my previous post. I didn't know I can edit my posts either. thanks for giving me the heads up. Well i know how to flare my writing-- i know that it involves spraying closer and farther away to get an flare effect. . I just want to know how to flare my writing as FAT as the tag in the picture. you feel me?

I'm just trying to figure out if you can manipulate and cut the caps on ny fats or rusto fats or caligraphy caps. I also want to know if the low pressure on the cheap paint don't allow this kind of flare to happen.

Any oldschool cats out there with some input on this shiz?

Comment

pink dot.
                they work good for me.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QRmWNfN0kPY&feature=related
                  try looking at this movie.
                  and to do flares yu need to tilt the can upwards or downwards using your wrist.

Comment

butterfly

Comment

thanks for the tips.

Comment

yeah man, it's all in the wrist. those flares up there are the results of many cans worth of practice, and experimentation is needed to get flares and lines that are dope like that.
                        i don't think there's caps for that. sorry.

Comment

but whats a really fat cap? pink dots?

Comment

yea pink dots are the second fattest caps out there

Comment

mate shut the fuk up!!!! go on line n look ya l;ame ass faggot!!! fukin hell.... hardly doubt being a toy ull be able to pull a flare neways but hey ho wtf

Comment

Working...
                              X